KIDS NOW VS KIDS THEN

The title totally explains the whole thing...

1) Conversations at the dinner table. Now kids then would talk to their family, all smiles, and would talk about their day.

THEN:

YOU: So mom, what went on during work?

MOM: Not much. I got my salary back. How was your day sweetie?

YOU: Great! I learned multiplication in school! What about you dad?

DAD: I finished my book today. Billy?

BROTHER: I got to make a bird house in advisory!

OH HECK YES! If only that was around now...

NOW:

BROTHER: (Barely ate anything...) I'm full. I told Charlie I'd FaceTime him so we could play Minecraft.

DAD: Don't you want to fi-

DASH!

And yes homies, that is my life right there for ya! Except my brother's name isn't Billy...

2) Games. Now games now vs games back then are completely different things from completely different worlds.

THEN:

YOU: Hey mom, dad, can we all play a board game for family night?

MOM: Of course!

Oh... I would like to play too! If I went back in a time machine...

NOW:

DAD: We should all play a family game tonight!

BROTHER: Nope, going to Charlie's for a sleepover.

MOM: You didn't tell us that.

BROTHER: Well, it was last minute, but I HAVE to go. We're going to be playing Call of Duty! Bye!

(SLAM!)

3) Teachers. Now I don't even have to say a word about this...

THEN:

TEACHER: So 1- -2 would equa- OH, HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? ARE YOU... ARE YOU, PLAYING A GAME?! NO! DETENTION!

And NOW:

TEACHER: So 1- -2 is... Samantha, are you playing games?

YOU: (Sigh) Yes...

TEACHER: Okay then, what's the answer? Huh?

YOU: UH... UH...

And there you go! Hope you guys enjoyed this fun little but long blog post. I will see you next time. BYE!

XOXO,

Neon Dots



Comments

Popular Posts