HOW TO: DORM ROOM SPA NIGHT

Hey guys, what's up? It's Olivia, and welcome back to my blog! Being a student who lives away from home, I live in a dorm room. We all know how stressful school can be. With all of the workload and studying that goes on, it's hard to find time to relax. So I thought that I would show you guys how my friends and I (or just myself) do our own spa night in our dorm! Let's get into it!

1) FACE MASK RECIPE



I found this recipe online. It's an oatmeal avocado face mask, which is great for tired skin. All you need is:

-1/2 ripe avocado
-/2 cup oatmeal

Cook the oatmeal and follow the instructions on the packet. All you have to do afterward is mix that in with the avocado (without the skin and pit, of course) - make sure the avocado is mashed - and make sure that it's a smooth consistency. Apply it to your skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. It will begin to dry up. Afterward, rinse it off. Use a soft towel to get the access off.

If you're not a DIY person, you can always opt for some adorable animal masks that you can purchase online, or go to your local drugstore to pick a couple up for affordable prices!

2) HOT TOWEL TRICK

This is something I had just found out recently. I was sick and my roommate recommended this life hack. But after realizing how relaxing it is, I try to do this at least once a week. It's surprisingly relaxing and can definitely put you in a better, more calm mood. It doesn't even have to be for any sick purposes.

All you have to do is run hot water on a face towel and make sure all of the access water is out of the towel so it's damp. I like to have the water in between room temperature to hot. Lie down and put this over your face. It's so simple and I don't even know what it is, but this automatically felt extremely relaxed and I was ready to fall asleep! This is something almost anyone can do to relax; it only requires one thing and I swear, it's so simple. I would have never thought this would be a good way to relax and zone out if I hadn't tried it.

3) SNACKS

Always make sure to include snacks! Snacks are always a must. I usually go to the local Target near me and pick up some popcorn, various chocolates, etc. If you don't have as much money to spend, I'm going to show you guys how I make my chocolate covered popcorn!



You will need...

-Popcorn
-Hershey's chocolate bar
-Ziplock bag
-Sprinkles and M&M's (optional)

1) I just buy regular microwavable popcorn and follow the instructions. Once you're done, put the popcorn on some type of pan.
2) Break up the Hershey's bar and put it in a small bowl. Put this in the microwave for 30-second increments, or until it's completely melted.
3) Put the chocolate in a ziplock bag and close it. Cut off one of the tips at the end. Drizzle the chocolate all over the popcorn.
4) Add your toppings.

4) MOVIE

Some people don't like to include this in a spa night. But I like to when I'm chilling with my friends for a spa sleepover. Of course, Netflix has a ton of options, but now there's also Disney+! You can have a complete nostalgic movie marathon!

5) PAINT NAILS



This might be obvious. I don't know about you guys but whenever I picture a relaxing, at-home spa day, I always think about painting nails. You can go to your local drugstore and pick out a couple of colors that you really like! I like going for a nude, pink color with a sparkly topcoat!

Thank you guys for dropping by! If you try any of these out for your next dorm room spa day, make sure to comment down below to let me know or use the #dormspanightwolivia on any social media platform! See you guys soon!

XOXO,

Olivia

Comments

Popular Posts