HOW TO : PREPARE THE BEST THANKSGIVING I NEON DOTS

Hi neonators, it's neon dots here and today I thought that I would show you guys my tips and tricks on how to prepare the best Thanksgiving. The holiday is coming up, and being the blogger that I am, I wish that I could instantly go to Christmas posts (trust me, you will see a lot of content from me in December) but Thanksgiving deserves to have at least a couple of posts dedicated to the holiday, so let us get started!

1) GET A PLANNER/NOTEBOOK AND TAKE NOTES

I know that this may sound ridiculous, but you want to get a really cute, high quality planner because you will be using this quite frequently throughout the process. After you get your planner, take notes of what you want your dinner plan to look like. You may want to do a quick draft before clarifying your plans.

If you plan to call cabins, I would say do it as soon as you are able too, or call hotels and what not in advanced before they get booked. By the way, if they are booked, you can blame me! I should have posted this at the very beginning of November, but I have been swamped. Take any more notes of who's coming/who are you inviting and what things you will need.


2) CALL YOUR GUESTS

You want to call or email your guests a day after you have completed your final drafts on what your Thanksgiving is going to be like so that you can find out if everybody is free or not. Make sure to do this step before calling the cabins.


3) BUY FOOD/SUPPLIES SEVERAL DAYS IN ADVANCED

Don't buy your food and supplies a week in advanced because you want your food to be fresh enough but at the same time, don't buy it a day in advanced or the day of because you will have more on your plate. I always try to buy my things a couple days in advanced so that I am not as stressed, I get it in the way, but I am not over prepared, which can be a good thing, but I personally always do it like this and it always works out for me.

4) PREPARE/GET TO YOUR LOCATION A DAY OR TWO BEFORE YOUR GUESTS

You want to check out what you are working with before actually setting up, and you want to do it before your guests come over so that you can prepare.

5) SET UP A DAY OR THE DAY OF THANKSGIVING

Some guests do like to help with dinner and what not, but if you are the type of person who is very independent, you can set up your dinner plans, recipes, and so much more. Another life hack that I would recommend is laminating your recipes and punching in wholes, and cutting a slit so that you can stick it inside your notebook. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it's in your planner and you know what you are cooking and you are prepared.

I hope you found this post helpful, and let me know if you try these out by using the #lookneondots and tagging me on my Instagram or DM me on my Snapchat. Kisses to my neonators!

XOXO,

Neon Dots

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neondotsofficial/?hl=en

Snapchat: neondots1



Comments

Popular Posts