BIRTHDAY: EXPECTATION VS. REALITY

WARNING: IF IT IS NOT YOUR BDAY, CLICK OUT AND COME BACK WHEN IT IS. STILL LOVE YOU! SEE YOU IN THE NEXT BLOG POST :)

BUT IF IT IS YOUR BDAY.... (Or will be very soon...)

HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BDAY TO THE MOST AWESOME PERSON IN THE WORLD!
HABBY BDAY TO YOU!

Happy birthday! It may be your birthday or it will be, or it might have even passed, but this is birthday expectation vs. reality because I know what it feels like; you have this perfect image in your head of the perfect birthday but once it happens.. Sniff sniff!

JK. You may even just want to read this even if it isn't your birthday, the warning was a joke... If you haven't noticed... Ok, I am going to stop being super awkward and get into it!

SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY:

Expectation: The expectation is that you don't have to ask anybody to throw you a party, they just do it automatically and it is the best day of your whole entire life, and all of your BBF's are there and it is so fun and you guys have the best day EVER! :D

Reality: (Wamp wamp!) Yeah, I was just joking before, surprise parties are not that fun for me. Funny story, I had a surprise party a long time ago, and I actually argued with one of my friends, which wasn't that fun, but we are still friends, but that was pretty bad. And if your family is hosting it, the only people who will be there is your grandma in the corner drinking, and you're like, "GRANDMA!" And she starts dancing awkwardly around your Grandfather.... Yes, I just wrote that.

PRESENTS:

Expectation: So, just like Christmas, there are things that you want and you make a list and "accidentally" leave it on your parents' pillow (making a separate copy for each of them of course because that is super natural) and once they read it, they buy everything on the list and you are so happy and "shocked"!

Reality:

Actually, my birthday is on the 30th of December, so growing up, I had two days of presents to get, one on Christmas Day, and one on my birthday, when my family celebrates Christmas and my bday, and sometimes celebrates my bday and christmas on Christmas Day, if that makes any sense, so I grew up having two days of presents, however the thing is I got the most awful presents for my birthday! I am sorry fam fam, still love you, but OMG, one year I got a notebook, no design, not a spiral one, and nuts (that makes my throat really itchy of course) and more nuts... Yes, yes... MY FAMILY KNOWS ME SOOOO WELL!

LOOKS:

Expectation: If you do have a celebration, you do have to look good, so you go out and buy a special birthday outfit for that year that you will probably never wear again, and yet you look so on fleek, with your outfit, makeup, and hair, which is natural for you, and what do you know? You forgot that you worked out especially for your bday! HAHA, #Flawless!

Reality: Hahahaha, NO! If you do have a surprise party, and you don't know about it... You are screwed... You may be wearing sweatpants and a loose t-shirt, and your besties surprise you and they are all wearing dresses ands skirts, and what you say to them is, "Ummm... Hehe, hold on a second..." And you are off with a outfit from last year, changing in the bathroom.

Hope you guys found this helpful! I will be trying to upload a lot of blog posts because I will be gone for ten days on vacation, and while I am on my trip, I will be writing down my topics, so that once I come back, I can tell you guys what I did on what day. See you soon!

XOXO,

Neon Dots

Last blog post:

http://gayasfashionblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/wyoming-blog-posts.html

Comments

Popular Posts