1) CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD WRAP
•3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
•2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
•6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
•1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
•1/4 cup croutons
•1/2 cup Caesar dressing
•5-6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
Add the first five ingredients to a medium bowl and mix in the caesar dressing until it is evenly coated, and spoon the mixture into the tortilla wraps and enjoy. If you don't have time or you are running late you can make a pre-bought caesar salad or any type of salad you want, and then put it in the tortilla wrap so that you can customize it to any salad wrap you like.
2) PEANUT BUTTER, BANANA, AND HONEY ROLL-UPS
•1 Flatout flatbread
•1 tablespoon peanut butter
•1 banana cut into thin slices, the slices cut in half
•1/2 tablespoon honey
Spread the peanut butter on the flatbread and put the banana slices on the flatbread, and then drizzle on the honey for a more sweeter taste.
3) CHICKEN STUFFED FRENCH BREAD
•1 loaf french bread
•1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
•1 1/2 cups Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
•2 green onions, thin slices
•1-2 cups Ranch dressing
Preheat over 375˚ F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Slice the french bread in half lengthwise. Place both halves cut side up on prepared baking sheet. In a large bowl, mix together shredded chicken, cheese, green onions and enough ranch dressing to make mixture wet. Spread chicken mixture evenly over one half of bread. Top with other half. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
4) PEPPERONI PIZZA PUFFS
•3/4 cup flour
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•3/4 cup milk
•1 egg, lightly beaten
•1 cup shredded cheese
•3/4 cup mini pepperoni or cooked sausage
•1/2 red or green pepper finely diced
•1/2 teaspoon each basil and garlic powder
•3/4 teaspoon oregano
•4 mozzarella cheese strings
•1/2 cup store-bought pizza crust
1) Preheat the oven to 375 F˚ degrees. Grease a muffin pan.
2) Combine flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add in milk and egg and stir until combined.
3) Stir in shredded cheese, red pepper, and pepperoni. Allow mixture to stand for ten minutes.
4) Divide among the muffin wells. Cut each cheese string into three pieces and gently press one piece into the center of each muffin.
5) Bake until lightly browned and puffed, about 20 minutes.
6) Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
5) APPLIE PIE OVERNIGHT OATS
FOR THE OATS:
•2 cups rolled oats, not quick cook
•3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
•2 tablespoon natural sweetener, such as Truvia or 4 tablespoon caster sugar
•1/3 cup applesauce
•1 cup milk
FOR THE APPLE PIE FILLING:
•1 medium apple or two small, peeled, and cored and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•Pinch of nutmeg
•Pinch of salt
•1 1/2 tablespoon natural sweetener or 3 tablespoon caster sugar
•1/2 cup water
1) To make the oats: Place oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweetener/sugar into a medium sized bowl and stir briefly to combine.
2) Add in applesauce and milk and mix until well combined. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for at least six hours, overnight if possible.
3) Make the apple pie filling: Place chopped up apples, cornflour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sweetener/sugar, and water into a small saucepan and place over a medium heat.
4) Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and the apples are tender. You want them soft, but with a little bite still.
5) You can either make the apple pie filling in the morning and place it on your oats still warm, or make it the night before and warm it up in the morning in the microwave, or you don't have too.
6) To serve: Divide the oats into 2-3 servings and top each with the apple pie filling. Serve warm or cold. To warm, place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until desired warmth is reached.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and if you decide to recreate any of these fun lunch ideas, make sure to use the #lookneondots or #lunchwithneondots. Also, you can tag me on my Instagram account, neondotsofficial, where I tell you guys when I am posting what. Kisses to my neonators!