GAME OF THE DAY: PLAY TIME!

Okay, you might have read the title and think, "Play time?" Well I already can tell you that is not what I meant. I meant today's game is you and a friend reading and/or acting out a script. You can choose to print this out, write it down, or just read it as is down below, but this play is written by me, so I hope you enjoy. Oh, and the theme is Christmas.


THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS

CHARACTERS: LOLA, DAD, MOM, JIMMY, GUARD, AND NARRATOR 1 AND 2

Narrator 1: What is the true meaning of Christmas?

Narrator 2: Let's find out.

Narrator 1: It was a grey and foggy Thursday. Lola, our main character in this play, was looking out the window, ready to go see her father.

Narrator 2: You may think that her parents are divorced, but really, they're not. You see, her dad got in several fights and car accidents.

Narrator 1: She really shouldn't have been arrested. I mean, the fights, he was standing up for his family!

Narrator 2: I agree, but let's keep on going. Anyways, he landed in prison, on Easter a year ago. And Lola hasn't seen her father until now, Christmas day.

Mom: Lola, can you get Jimmy into the car? Grab the keys. I need to get my purse. I'll meet you inside the mini van.

Narrator 1: Lola moaned, but did as she was told.

Jimmy: Don't ruin my new jacket. Jeez...

Lola: Oh whatever.

Narrator 2: They finally were all in the car, on their way to visit their dad.

Mom: Are you guys as excited as I am?

Narrator 1: She looked into the mirror.

Narrator 2: She didn't believe in Santa, whether he was real or not. She lost her spirit after her dad went to prison, but she did write a Christmas.

Narrator 1: And on that Christmas list was one word.

Narrator 2: DAD.

Lola: Yeah, I guess.

Narrator 1: They finally arrived at the prison.

Narrator 2: Their mom parked the car and lead the kids inside, until a guard stopped them.

Guard: Excuse me, where do you think you guys are going?

Mom: Oh, I am sorry. I am Christy, and my kids and I are here to visit my husband.

Guard: Do you have an appointment?

Mom: Yes, under Johnson.

Narrator 1: The guard took a pencil and clipboard out randomly and scanned down the list.

Guard: Next set of cells, second one to your right. And remember to use the phone to talk. You have 10 minutes.

Narrator 2: They all shuffled over to their dads cell, until Lola met eyes with her dad, sitting hunched over on a bench. He looked up.

Lola: Dad

Narrator 1: Lola whispered.

Narrator 2: She quickly grabbed the phone, sitting down on a chair, tears streaming down her face, as her dad slowly walked towards the phone and smiled.

Dad: Hi Pumpkin.

Lola: Hi

Narrator 1: Lola replied.

Narrator 2: Her dad swallowed.

Dad: Merry Christmas sweetie.

Narrator 1: She nodded.

Narrator 2: But she wasn't in the mood for Christmas. She wanted her dad to be with her this Christmas.

Dad: What's wrong sweetie?

Lola: I don't even want Christmas

Dad: Well why is that?

Lola: Because, I want you to be with us this Christmas, to sing Christmas carols and bake cookies and open presents, like we used too.

Dad: Oh sweetie. You've lost your Christmas spirit, haven't you?

Lola: Yeah.

Dad: You don't need me for Christmas!

Lola: Why do you say that?

Narrator 1: She questioned.

Narrator 2: Her dad chuckled.

Dad: Should I tell her Christy?

Mom: Yes!

Dad: Pumpkin, I'm coming home with you... today.

Narrator 1: Lola was first shocked, confused, and then happy.

Narrator 2: She ran over to the guard and hugged her, the guard chuckling and running to each stall, shouting out Merry Christmas, as every prisoner smiled back. This was a very happy moment for everybody.

Lola: Come on Dad, let's go.

Narrator 1: So as you see, some things may seem sad at times.

Narrator 2: But it can always get better.

THE END!



Comments

Popular Posts