1) FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON CRISPS
•10 flour tortillas (10")
•1/3 cup sugar
•1 tsp. cinammon
•2 granny smith apples
•1 cup finely diced melon (your favorite variety) or kiwi
•1 lb strawberries
•1/2 lb raspberries
•4 tbsp. preserves (I would recommend raspberries)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
2) Working with 3 tortillas at a time, spray both sides of the tortilla and sprinkle each side lightly with cinnamon sugar.
3) Stack 3 tortillas and using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 12 wedges. Place on a baking sheet and bake 8-11 minutes or until crisp.
1) Zest the lemon and set aside. Peel and finely chop the apples, and squeeze 2 tsp. lemon juice over the apples and mix well to combine.
2) Finely chop strawberries and lemon, or kiwi. Gently combine all ingredients, the raspberries will break apart a bit but that's what you want. Allow to sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.
2) BANANA CHOCOLATE POPS
•Sprinkles, nuts, or any toppings of your choice
Put some parchment paper on your baking pan, an start cutting the end of your bananas, leaving the top round. Stick a popsicle stick in the end of your banana, and cover it with chocolate. You can use any toppings of your choice and what not, and place them on your parchment paper, and pop that into the freeze or the freezer for a couple of hours or overnight.
3) BERRY LEMONADE POPSICLES
•Country Time Berry Lemonade Starter (or any other berry lemonade mixture of your choice)
1) Pour 3/4 cup of Country Time Berry Lemonade Starter mix into a pitcher.
2) Fill the pitcher with 7 and 1/4 cups cold water. Stir to combine.
3) Add a few sliced strawberries and blueberries to each popsicle mold.
4) Fill each popsicle mold with the berry lemonade.
5) Place the top on the popsicle mold and insert popsicle sticks.
6) Freeze the popsicles overnight.
7) To get the popsicles to release from the mold, fill your kitchen sink with room temperature water. Place the mold in the water, making sure the water does not go above the top of the mold.
8) Allow the mold to sit in the water for a few seconds.
9) Begin to wiggle a popsicle free. If it feels tough, allow them to set in the water a few more seconds.
10) Once all of the popsicles are removed from the mold, enjoy or wrap the extras in plastic wrap and return to the freezer.
4) TEX-MEX FRESH CORN DIP
•4 cups fresh roasted corn from approximately 5 corn cobs
•1 cup sour cream
•1/2 cup mayonnaise
•8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
•2-3 fresh jalapeños (seeds and membranes removed), finely minced
•1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (move or less, to taste)
•1 tbsp. cumin
ª1 tsp. garlic salt
•Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1) In a large bowl, combine corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt, and black pepper. Stir until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably 8 hours to overnight) to allow flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chip scoops.
5) GARDEN FRESH BRUSCHETTA
•20-24 oz fresh tomatoes (4-5 Roma tomatoes or 3-4 regular tomatoes) diced small
•1 clove garlic minced
•1/4 cup fresh basil chopped fine
•2 tbsp. olive oil
•1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
•1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper (or to taste)
•Olive oil and fresh garlic for roasting
1) Mix all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
2) Slice the baguette, brush with olive oil and lightly toast. Rub each toasted slice baguette with a clove of garlic.
3) Top with Bruschetta.
6) CHOCOLATE RASPBERRIES
•Zip lock bag cut at the corner
Place some parchment paper on a baking pan and squeeze the melted chocolate in the raspberries, and place them in your fridge for several hours or overnight.
7) BLT SUMMER ROLL WITH AVOCADO
•8 slices bacon
•1/2 - 1 large tomato
•1/2 - 1 avocado
•4 rice paper wrappers
•4 large butter lettuce leaves
•8 tsp. mayonnaise
1) Cook bacon in pan until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
2) Fill large bowl with warm water and dip rice paper rolls in water until soft. Place on plate in front of you.
3) Layer lettuce, tomato, avocado, 2 slices bacon and mayonnaise on the rice paper roll.
4) Keeping the ends open tightly roll the rice paper away from you.
5) Slice in half.
6) Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers.
8) YOGURT FRUIT SNACKS
Pour the yogurt in the cupcake wrappers and then place your choice of fruit on the top, and place that in the fridge for several years or overnight.
9) SALT AND PEPPER ZUCCHINI CHIPS
•1 lb (around 4 cups) thin sliced Zucchini
•1/4 tsp. salt
•1/4 tsp. pepper
•1/2 tsp. Olive oil
•1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1) Note: I recommend cutting your zucchini with a mandolin slicer. You should do both the thin and thick slices. The tun turns out much better and crispier.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk salt, pepper, olive oil (which is optional), and vinegar.
3) Add sliced zucchini.
4) Toss with the "dressing" to coat.
5) Arrange slices on dehydrator trays.
6) Dehydrate at 135 degrees for 5-6 hours or until crispy.
10) DILL PICKLE DIP
•4 oz softened cream cheese
•8 oz sour cream
•3 large dill pickle spears
•1/2 tsp. garlic powder
•1 tbsp. pickle juice
•1 tsp. dill weed
•1/4 tsp. salt
•1/4 tsp. black pepper
1) Finely dice your picked, and beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2) Beat in the sour cream to the mixture and add in pickle juice.
3) Stir in garlic, dill weed, salt and pepper.
4) Refrigerate for at least one hour.
I hope you guys enjoy this post, and if you decide to recreate any of these ideas, use the #foodwithneondots or #fwnd on Instagram or any other social media. Kisses to my neonators!