HOW TO GIVE YOUR ROOM A MAKEOVER : STEP BY STEP GUIDE + DIY'S I NEON DOTS

Hey neonators, it's neon dots here. Today, I thought I would show you guys how to give your room a quick makeover. I have been wanting to redo my room for a couple of months, and honestly guys, it is a lot more simple than changing every single furniture element in your room, so let's get started!

1) EXPRESS YOUR PERSONALITY



I personally love bright colors in my room, because they always make me in the best mood, but my number one suggestion is just simply replacing some of your items with colors and patterns that you personally love, and that expresses who you are. It doesn't have to be furniture, just adding some fun touches to your room can spice up the area.

If you want to make your own DIY pom pom lamp shade, just take some pom pom's from your local craft store, and hot glue it to the bottom of any lamp shade. It is seriously so easy and adorable, and you can customize it by making the pom pom's your favorite color.

This can only act as a temporary room transformation. You can test out new looks by creating DIY's, and changing out some pillows or throw blankets, fun things like that, so that you can see what your room could potentially look like. If you decide to invest in a certain theme or color that you have been trying out, that you do like, then you can go onto transforming your room.

2) MAKE A PINTEREST BOARD

https://www.pinterest.com/neondots/home-decoration/

Above, you will find the link to my home decor Pinterest board. I wanted to include this because, before you go shopping, you want to see what you would like your room to look like. I personally find Pinterest the most useful source when it comes to room transformation. It honestly doesn't even have to be your own board. I wanted to share my board with you guys because I find that what I pin for my home decorations section of my account, anyone would like. I have all sorts of ideas that can fit anybody's personality, so make sure to check that out if you want some inspiration!

3) CREATE A MOOD BOARD

Rustic and Modern by szaboesz on Polyvore featuring interior, interiors, interior design, home, home decor, interior decorating, Ethan Allen, Designers Guild, Milton & King and Carl Hansen & Sons:

Creating a mood board is a lot more simple than you would think. Essentially, you can chose items online that you like, to help inspire you on what you want to buy for your room. That way, when you are shopping, you can bring it out and see what you are trying to find for, furniture speaking. Pull out a page or word document. I suggest using google docs because you can check out your mood board on your phone (you can download the google docs app on your phone and see your mood board when you are shopping; I believe it is automatically installed in iPhone's).

Drag the images that you like from your computer, onto your document, and save it to your desktop. Take a screenshot or a picture. When you are shopping, you have the main idea of what you are looking for.

4) PAINTING

2017 Colors Paint Guide:

If you guys want to paint your wall a new color, if you have a certain theme, by all means, go for it. I find that a simple white wall is the most effective. Again, if you are one to like pops of color, you can buy colorful items. That way, the color can really stand out compared to the white background. Also, you guys don't have to paint your walls to necessarily stick to a theme. You could paint a coffee table, which you can try to search for at a thrift shop, or paint some pieces of furniture.

5) ORGANIZE AND ENJOY!

Cabideiro CAMISA  em cima e CALÇA embaixo:

Next, all you have to do is move everything into your room, organize it, and enjoy!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and found it helpful. If you want to see more room decor inspired posts, make sure to share this with your friends and family, and follow me on Pinterest, Snapchat, and Instagram to see when I am uploading. Love you guys! Kisses to my neonators!

XOXO,

Neon Dots

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/neondots/

Instagram (under construction) : https://www.instagram.com/neondotsofficial/ 
Snapchat: neondots1

PS. Going on a trip soon, so make sure to follow me on Snapchat, so that you guys can see my adventures the week after Valentines Day!

Tune in tomorrow for a new post! Bye guys!

Comments

Popular Posts