Skip to main content

HOW TO GIVE YOUR ROOM A MAKEOVER : STEP BY STEP GUIDE + DIY'S I NEON DOTS

Hey neonators, it's neon dots here. Today, I thought I would show you guys how to give your room a quick makeover. I have been wanting to redo my room for a couple of months, and honestly guys, it is a lot more simple than changing every single furniture element in your room, so let's get started!

1) EXPRESS YOUR PERSONALITY



I personally love bright colors in my room, because they always make me in the best mood, but my number one suggestion is just simply replacing some of your items with colors and patterns that you personally love, and that expresses who you are. It doesn't have to be furniture, just adding some fun touches to your room can spice up the area.

If you want to make your own DIY pom pom lamp shade, just take some pom pom's from your local craft store, and hot glue it to the bottom of any lamp shade. It is seriously so easy and adorable, and you can customize it by making the pom pom's your favorite color.

This can only act as a temporary room transformation. You can test out new looks by creating DIY's, and changing out some pillows or throw blankets, fun things like that, so that you can see what your room could potentially look like. If you decide to invest in a certain theme or color that you have been trying out, that you do like, then you can go onto transforming your room.

2) MAKE A PINTEREST BOARD

https://www.pinterest.com/neondots/home-decoration/

Above, you will find the link to my home decor Pinterest board. I wanted to include this because, before you go shopping, you want to see what you would like your room to look like. I personally find Pinterest the most useful source when it comes to room transformation. It honestly doesn't even have to be your own board. I wanted to share my board with you guys because I find that what I pin for my home decorations section of my account, anyone would like. I have all sorts of ideas that can fit anybody's personality, so make sure to check that out if you want some inspiration!

3) CREATE A MOOD BOARD

Rustic and Modern by szaboesz on Polyvore featuring interior, interiors, interior design, home, home decor, interior decorating, Ethan Allen, Designers Guild, Milton & King and Carl Hansen & Sons:

Creating a mood board is a lot more simple than you would think. Essentially, you can chose items online that you like, to help inspire you on what you want to buy for your room. That way, when you are shopping, you can bring it out and see what you are trying to find for, furniture speaking. Pull out a page or word document. I suggest using google docs because you can check out your mood board on your phone (you can download the google docs app on your phone and see your mood board when you are shopping; I believe it is automatically installed in iPhone's).

Drag the images that you like from your computer, onto your document, and save it to your desktop. Take a screenshot or a picture. When you are shopping, you have the main idea of what you are looking for.

4) PAINTING

2017 Colors Paint Guide:

If you guys want to paint your wall a new color, if you have a certain theme, by all means, go for it. I find that a simple white wall is the most effective. Again, if you are one to like pops of color, you can buy colorful items. That way, the color can really stand out compared to the white background. Also, you guys don't have to paint your walls to necessarily stick to a theme. You could paint a coffee table, which you can try to search for at a thrift shop, or paint some pieces of furniture.

5) ORGANIZE AND ENJOY!

Cabideiro CAMISA  em cima e CALÇA embaixo:

Next, all you have to do is move everything into your room, organize it, and enjoy!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and found it helpful. If you want to see more room decor inspired posts, make sure to share this with your friends and family, and follow me on Pinterest, Snapchat, and Instagram to see when I am uploading. Love you guys! Kisses to my neonators!

XOXO,

Neon Dots

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/neondots/

Instagram (under construction) : https://www.instagram.com/neondotsofficial/ 
Snapchat: neondots1

PS. Going on a trip soon, so make sure to follow me on Snapchat, so that you guys can see my adventures the week after Valentines Day!

Tune in tomorrow for a new post! Bye guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dove Cameron

You all probably know by now who Dove Cameron is, right? If you don't, she is in the Disney Channel, new hit series, 'Liv and Maddie', and she plays both characters, and along that, she is in the new Disney Channel original movie, 'Cloud 9', and has loved acting since she could remember. I wanted to show you guys this picture of Dove at the premiere of 'The Lone Ranger'.

She's wearing this white top, a black leather skirt, light brown lace-up heels, and a black clutch. PS. sorry I have been gone for awhile... I also promised I would talk about my trip to Tahoe. Wait, did I? Well, sorry!!!!!!!! :p

SUMMER READY: TUMBLR PART 2

1) Shopping/Picnic



•Beige cardigan
•White lace brallete
•Bohemian shorts
•Brown fringe shoulder bag

2) Job Interview



•Floral blazer
•Black tank top
•White shorts
•Chanel bag

3) Cozy



•Flower white sweater
•Black brallete
•Washed out denim shorts
•Banda flats

1) I love outfit number 1 because it is just so casual yet really cute. It is comfortable and this would suit a girl with a soft personality. You could wear your hair up in a top bun and make it really girly.

2) Number 2 is so fashionable. This would be great for a job interview or just going into your office. I love the blazer because you can find these things at a simple thrift shop for a much cheaper price and you could even make a fun trip out of it and decorate it with maybe some studs on the shoulders to add that edgy look on a beige colored blazer.

3) Outfit number 3 is my personal favorite because it is just so cutesy and girly! This is great for California weather because sometimes it gets cold in the morning and hotter th…

DASHIN FASHION: VALENTINES DAY 2016 EDITION!

Hello guys! So you all know that it's that time of year when you grab your lover and have a romantic date, aka Valentines Day. I always, well most years, try to do a fashion post so that you can get some outfit ideas, and if you don't have a date, like me, then we can be lonely together and just dress nicely for the heck of it, so let's just get right into it!

1)



•Red white hart dress
•Neutral heels
•Beaded necklace

2)



•White blouse
•Blue skirt with designs at the ned
•Snake print purse
•Beaded necklace

3)



•Leather jacket
•Red tight lace dress
•Black boots
•Black clutch
•Sunglasses

4)



•Maroon tunic
•Necklaces
•Watch

5)



•Black floral dress with slit
•Black heels
•Chunky black belt
•Black strappy heels

If you guys want to recreate any of these outfits, on Instagram, use the #lookneondots so that I can see you guys in your gorgeous outfits! I have to say my favorite is #5, but I would probably wear #4 because it is the most casual. Kisses to my neonators!

XOXO,

Neon Dots

Last…