If you are new to my blog, welcome to the neonator family, I'm neon dots, and if you like this post, make sure to come frequently to see when I post, and follow me on all of my social media accounts, which will be linked at the end to see the exact time I post and be the first one to see it, so let's get started!
1) BLT PASTA SALAD
•2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
•6 cups torn romaine lettuce
•1 medium tomato, diced
•4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
•1/2 cup ranch dressing
•1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
•1/4 teaspoon pepper
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and rinse pasta under cold water.
2) In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon and pasta.
3) Drizzle the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper.
2) MINI DEEP DISH PIZZAS
•4 Old El Paso flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
•1 cup pizza sauce
•3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
•1/4 freshly grated Parmesan
•36 mini pepperonis or any other toppings
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
2) Working one at a time, lay tortilla on a flat surface. Using an empty can, cut 3-4 medium circles, pressing firmly enough in a rocking motion to cut through the tortilla.
3) Fit a tortilla circle into each of 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Scoop one tablespoon pizza sauce into each muffin tin. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, topping with 3 mini pepperonis each.
4) Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
3) RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
•1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
•1/3 cup coconut sugar
•1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
•1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
•2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 1 1/4 cups of mashed bananas)
•1 cup raspberries, fresh or froze (if using frozen, do not thaw first)
•1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick spray; set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combing the sugar, oil, greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in the mashed bananas. Add in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake for one hour, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, slice and serve.
4) EGG MUFFIN CUPS
•1 tablespoon olive oil
•1 cup red pepper, chopped
•1 cup green pepper, chopped
•1 cup yellow onion, chopped
•2 cups baby spinach, rouchly chopped
•1 cup mushroom, sliced
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•Salt, to taste
•4 whole eggs
•4 egg whites
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Grease a standard 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3) Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
4) Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
5) Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
6) Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7) In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
8) Season with salt and remove from heat.
9) Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
10) Stir in cooked veggies.
11) Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
12) Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
13) Cool slightly and serve immediately.
5) VERY BERRY BAKED OATMEAL
•2 cups skim milk
•2 large eggs
•2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
•1/2 tablespoon pure vainlla extract
•1/4 cup honey
•4-6 cups mixed berries, divided
•2 cups rolled oats
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•Pinch of ground nutmeg
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/3 cup light brown sugar
•1/3 cup silvered almonds
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and honey; set aside.
4) Arrange half of the berries on the bottom of the prepared dish and set aside.
5) In a mixing bowl, combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and light brown sugar; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
6) Top berries with the prepared oat mixture.
7) Pour the milk mixture over the oats.
8) Arrange remaining berries on top.
9) Add silvered almonds over the entire mixture.
10) Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the oats have absorbed all the liquid.
11) Remove from oven and let stand several minutes.
6) LASAGNA ROLLUPS
•4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
•8 oz lean ground beef
•1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
•1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, as well as more for serving
•1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
•Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
•1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
•1 large egg
•3 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, as well as more for serving
•2 1/2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese, divided
•1/3 cup freshly, finely grated Romano cheese
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle on tablespoon olive oil into a large non-stick fry pan. Heat over medium high heat, crumble ground beef over oil, add chopped onions and cook mixture stirring occasionally and breaking up meat, until browned. Drain fat from beef. Pour beef mixture into a food processor and pulse for about 5 seconds until t is ground into fine pieces. Pour beef mixture back into fry pan and add crushed tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, oregano and 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Then cover with a lid and simmer low heat while preparing pasta and cheese mixture.
2) Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water along with 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoon olive oil to al dente according to directions listed on package. Once noodles are cooked, drain and line noodles in a single layer on waxed paper or cookie sheets sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Prepare cheese mixture by stirring together ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with a fork in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in chopped fresh parsley. Add in 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup Romano cheese, stir mixture until well combined.
4) Stir meat sauce and spread 1/3 cup evenly into a 13x9 inch baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture evenly onto each cooked lasagna noodle (it will be a thin layer), then spread 1 tablespoon of meat sauce along the top of the cheese covered noodle, Roll the noodles up and arrange the seam side down in baking dish. Cover the rolled noodles with remaining meat sauce and then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese evenly over roll-ups. Tent the baking dish with foil (don't allow the foil to rest on cheese or it will stick. You want to loosely tent to prevent the cheese from browning) and bake for 35 minutes in your oven. Serve warm with garnished chopped fresh basil and parsley.
You can add the basil and oregano and some rosemary, thyme and crushed fennel seeds if desired.
7) BACON MAC AND CHEESE BITES
•12 slices precooked bacon
•1 box macaroni and cheese (shells or elbow noodles)
•1/4 cup milk
•3 tablespoon butter
•1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
•1/4 cup Italian Panko breadcrumbs
1) Line a greased muffin pan with slices of precooked bacon.
2) Bring water to a boil, and add the noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes.
3) Drain water.
4) Add milk, butter, cheese sauce packet from the mac and cheese box and shredded cheese. Stir until combined.
5) Divide the macaroni and cheese between the cups in the muffin pan.
6) Sprinkle with bread crumbs, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8) CREAMY ASIAGO CHEESE GARLIC TORTELLINI
•2 1/2 cups tortellini (refrigerated kind) - 10 oz
•1 teaspoon olive oil
•1.2 tablespoon butter
•5 garlic cloves, minced
•1 cup vegetarian no-chicken broth or chicken broth
•1 cup heavy cream
•1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
•1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
•Fresh parsley, chopped
1) Cook tortellini according to package instructions, and rinse with cold water and drain.
2) Heat olive oil and butter on medium heat in a large skillet, add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute on medium heat, stirring, without burning.
3) Add vegetarian broth and heavy cream to the skillet with cooked garlic. Bring to boil, stirring. Once the liquids are boiling, immediately add cheese, reduce heat to medium simmer, and keep stirring everything together, on medium simmer, until cheese melts - about 1 minute. Reduce to very low simmer, add salt.
4) Add cooked tortellini and continue to cook, constantly stirring, to thicken the sauce - for another minute.
5) Top each serving with finely chopped fresh parsley.
9) PESTO CHICKEN SANDWICH ON SOURDOUGH BREAD
•1 pound (about 2 small) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
•2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
•Salt and pepper
•8 slices sourdough bread
•1/4 cup pesto
•2 medium tomatoes, sliced
•4 slices swiss cheese
•Olive oil (optional)
1) Sprinkle both sides of your flattened chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
2) Heat an electric counter-top grill or large skillet over medium-high heat. If using a skillet, spray with cooking spray or coat with a little olive oil. Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 8 minutes per side, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers of the breasts reads 165 F. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it into 1/2 inch wide strips. Wipe out your pan.
3) Assemble sandwiches by spreading mayonnaise and about about a tablespoon of pesto over the bread. Top with chicken, tomatoes, and cheese, and brush tops and bottoms of the sandwiches lightly with olive oil or a thin layer of mayonnaise to help them brown.
4) Cook sandwiches over medium to medium high head until first side is toasted and flip. The sandwiches are done when both sides are golden and the cheese is melted. If making in a skillet, you will probably only be able to fit two sandwiches at a time in the pan. Place cooked sandwiches on a plate in a warm oven while you repeat the process with the last two sandwiches to keep them warm.
10) CAPRESE AVOCADO TOAST
•2 ripe avocados
•2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
•Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
•4 slices bread, toasted
•4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced and cut into pieces, to fit the bread
•1 cut grape tomatoes, halved
•1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
•Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
1) Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper to taste. With a fork, mash the ingredients together, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
2) Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto toasted bread slices. Top with fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes, and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desire. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Seriously, I think this may be my longest one yet! Most of these recipes are somewhat time consuming, so I recommend doing this the night before. If you guys decide to recreate any of these lunch ideas, make sure to use the #btswithneondots or #lookneondots on Instagram and any other social media, follow me, and check out my last post. Kisses to my neonators!