TRAVELING DIARY SERIES #5/STORY TIME: MY WORST EXPERIENCE ROCK CLIMBING I NEON DOTS

Hey guys. I may ramble a lot in this post, and I had to upload this as a traveling diary series anyway, but it also works as a story time, so let's get started!

Okay, so today I went rock climbing/repelling and water rafting, but I'll just be talking mostly about the rock climbing. Basically, we went to this certain place, and I'm not trying to throw shade to this company, so I'm not going to name any names, and disclaimer, I am 100% not throwing shade to the company who's been coordinating our activities during this trip, it is not their fault, nor is it the company who was hosting the rock climbing/repelling day. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys. Also, don't forget to check out the last traveling diary series post, which will be linked at the end of this post.

When we went repelling first, they had us repel of off a 100+ feet cliff, so it was pretty steep, and they had a rope connected to our gear, so basically they dropped me down, and you were supposed to basically jump off of the cliff. I however found the rope a little loose, so when I went to push against the cliff, I started twirling around, and slamming my body against the cliff, so once I got down, I was traumatized!

I get scared really easily. Yes, I am one of those people, so I was refusing to go climbing because I was so terrified. Once it came to my turn, I was incredibly nervous. They hooked me on their rope, and at first, it wasn't so bad, however the hooks that you hold onto while you're climbing the cliff were somewhat loose, but nothing too bad until I reached halfway.

At that point, the hooks were so spread out, so I needed time to think about where my feet were going to go, until suddenly the guy who was handling the rope started pulling me up. Mind you, I was extremely shocked. I just assumed that he would pull me up when I was ready or when I would start climbing. He did it with so much force, it shocked me, and my body went back and slammed against the cliff. As I got higher and higher, I couldn't find as many hooks to hang onto, and he kept on dragging my body up against the cliff, and at some points, I would swing back and my body would slam against the cliff.

By then, I was screaming and I was so scared, so once I reached the top, I sat there and took a deep breath, and the man who was controlling the rope said, with much force, get up. I was somewhat startled, so I quickly apologized and turned off to the side. Now I understand that he might have had a bad day, and I would totally understand if he was frustrated by me, but that was unexpected for me.

I went off to the side, and I looked down at my legs. On my right knee I got five red cuts. They weren't as bad as you would think. They were each around an inch and a half long, and they weren't too severe. I also had a very small bruise on my left leg, and my family also thought that pulling us up when we weren't ready was a bit much because we all got injured somewhere.

I think that the person who was working with the rope might have had a rough day, I really don't know, but I just didn't think he was into it. He also may have not been comfortable speaking English with us because he didn't really speak to much English and he may have not understood us, so I recommend that to make everything much more easier for you and the people in the location that you are staying at, please please please learn at least some words from the language that they speak. It will seriously save your butt.

Anyways, moving onto the water rafting, I seriously had so much fun. Again, we went with the same company, and again, the people working there just didn't seem into it, but other than that, it was amazing. Fun fact, you get more wet than you get on Splash Mountain and the Grizzly River ride at Disneyland. You get so soaked, so make sure to bring proper clothing.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys, and again, I don't mean to try and throw shade to the company, I just wanted to share what I did with you guys and how I felt about it. If you guys don't follow me on my social media accounts, they will all be linked down below, as well as, again, my first traveling diary series post. Kisses to my neonators!

XOXO,

Neon Dots

Traveling Diary Series: http://gayasfashionblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/travel-diary-series-day-123-and-4-i.html?view=magazine

Snapchat: neondots1

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neondotsofficial/

Comments

Popular Posts