1) FROYO BERRY BITES
•Cupcake tin and liners
•Berries of choice
Put your liners in the cupcake tin and put some granola 1/2 of the way into the cupcake liners and press that in with the back of your spoon, add some yogurt and fill that to the top, and sprinkle on your berries, and pop that in the freezer for a couple of hours, overnight, or until it is completely frozen. These are great to take on the go to work or a day out with some friends. They are so simple to make and so Snapchat and Instagram worthy!
2) APPLE PEANUT BUTTER SLICES
•Apple corer (I swear this is what it's called and I find this hilarious)
•Nuts or chocolate chips, or any toppings of your choice
Take out the core of your apple and slice your apple into thin... slices... I legit feel so dumb, please do not judge me. Next, spread some peanut butter across each slice and sprinkle on some of your toppings. These are great for on the go and so yummy!
3) CREAMY SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS
•10 medium/5 large portobello mushrooms
•3 tablespoons butter, divided
•2 teaspoons garlic puree (or crushed garlic)
•200g baby spinach leaves
•3-4 tablespoons sour cream (you could also use softened cream cheese)
•4-5 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1) Remove the stems from the mushrooms and wipe any dirt off with a paper towel.
2) Melt one tablespoon of the butter and brush over the mushrooms, inside and out. Set aside.
3) Finely chop the mushrooms stems. In a large pan or skillet, heat the remaining butter, add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic puree, stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
4) Add the spinach to the pan. Stir to coat the spinach in the garlicky butter.
5) Once the spinach is wilted and reduced in size, remove from the heat, stir in the sour cream and then set aside.
6) Preheat your griddle pan over a medium/high heat. Spoon the spinach mixture into the center of the mushrooms, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and place them on the preheated griddle. Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes - the mushrooms will be done when they are juicy, firm but tender and a glossy, dark brown color.
7) To make sure your cheese is extra golden brown and bubbly, place the pan under a hot grill for the last two minutes of cooking time.
8) Let them rest for a couple of minutes, and serve warm!
4) BLUEBERRY FROZEN YOGURT
•1/2 cup granulated sugar
•1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
•1-12 ounce bag frozen blueberries
•Juice of 1/2 lemon
•1 teaspoon lemon zest
•2 cups plain 2% milk fat Greek yogurt
•Ice cream maker
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, vanilla, blueberries, juice of lemon, and lemon zest. Turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Press the berries with the spoon to burst them. Remove from heat.
2) Pour mixture into a container, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
3) Once the mixture is well chilled, add to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in the yogurt and continue to process until well blended.
4) Freeze in your ice cream maker, according to manufacturers directions. Once the consistency of soft serve, spoon into container with cover and freeze for several hours.
5) BLACK BEAN SALSA
•1 (15 ounce) can yellow whole kernel corn, drained
•1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
•1 cup chopped red onion
•2 cups seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
•1/3 cup seeded and chopped jalapeños
•1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
•1/4 cup lime juice
•1/2 teaspoon cumin
•2 tablespoon olive oil
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients, other than tortilla chips, in a large bowl and stir to combine. Serve with tortilla chips.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and if you guys decide to make any of these fun summer recipes, make sure to use the #lookneondots on Instagram, or tag me on my account, which will be linked down below. Kisses to my neonators!