1) CHRISTMAS SHORTBREAD BITES
•1 cup salted butter, cold and diced
•2/3 cup granulated sugar
•1/2 teaspoon almond extract
•2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
•2 1/2 tablespoon nonpareils sprinkles, plus more for topping
1) Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish and line it with 2 sheets of parchment paper, one horizontally and one vertically, leaving a 1-inch over hang on all sides. Set aside.
2) In a bowl, including an electric stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, and mix until well combined. Mix in almond extract. With the mixer, set on low speed and slowly add in flour and mix until combined. Mix and fold in sprinkles. Press dough into an even layer in prepared pan. Chill dough in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 F˚.
3) Lift dough from pan using the parchment hanging over the sides. Cut into squares, and sprinkle more sprinkles over the top if desired and press gently into the dough. Transfer about 1/3 of the cookies to an unbuttered baking sheet and scatter cookies out spacing cookies 1/2 inch apart from each other.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. Repeat process with remaining bites, add them to a cool baking sheet. Cool completely, and transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.
2) M&M CHRISTMAS COOKIE BARS
•2 sticks of butter at room temperature
•1 cup granulated sugar
•1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
•3 large eggs
•1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
•3 cups all purpose flour
•3/4 teaspoon salt
•1 1/2 cups Christmas M&M's, plus more for topping
•1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
•1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 F˚. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leaving some over the sides to make the removal process easier, and spray the foil generously with a nonstick cooking spray.
2) In a bowl, including a stand mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and continue to beat. Lower the speed of your mixer and add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined.
3) Add the M&M's and mini chocolate chips, and give a final stir, reserving some of the content and white chocolate chips for topping it all off later. Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking dish.
4) Press additional M&M's, mini chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips onto the top of the cookie dough. Bake for 35-40 minutes on the lower third rack of the oven to prevent the bars from browning. Let it cool completely and cut afterward.
3) CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PRETZEL BITES
•12 caramel squares, unwrapped, cut in half
•3/4 cup semi-sweet milk chocolate, melted with 1 teaspoon coconut oil
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Layer all of the pretzels on the sheet and place half of a caramel square on each pretzel.
2) Bake in the oven for 6-7 minutes. Cool pretzels completely before dipping in the chocolate.When cool, dip the pretzels in the chocolate halfway. Tap against the bowl to help the excess chocolate drip off and not run all over the pretzel. Place back on the sheet and sprinkle with some sprinkles. Let it cool completely and store in an air tight container.
4) CHOCOLATE CHIP SNOWBALL BITES
•1 cup unsalted butter, softened
•1/2 cup powdered sugar
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•2 1/4 cups flour
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1 cup mini chocolate chips
•Additional powdered sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 375 F˚, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the flour and salt, and mix until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
2) Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough and place on the cookie sheet, and bake for 7-10 minutes until the bottoms are slightly brown. Remove from oven and cool for one minute, until you can handle them. Fill a small bowl with powdered sugar and roll each cookie in the sugar until coated. Place on a rack to cool.
5) PEPPERMINT BARK PRETZELS
•Melted white chocolate
•Crushed candy canes
1) Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper, and set is aside. Dip the pretzels 3/4 of the way in the chocolate, setting them on the parchment paper, sprinkling it with the crushed candy canes. Set it in the freezer or fridge until the chocolate is firm.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. If you decide to recreate any of these recipes, make sure to use the #lookneondots on Instagram, tag me in your picture, or DM me. You can also snapchat me. All of my social media accounts will be linked at the end of this post. Kisses to my neonators!